From the article: When is the Best Time to Visit Paris?
When is your favorite time of the year for traveling to Paris? Share your stories and suggestions on the optimal season or month for a Paris sojourn with your fellow readers. You can also tell us what times of year you'd rather avoid, and why! Share Your Tips
August is Best
- August is the best time of the year to visit. Love the outdoors, cafe, food halls and shopping. Trains and buses runs fine, going out is also great for shopping, eating out and everything else that comes along.
- —Guest david mark
Any time is great!
- Paris is one of those cities that is great to visit at any time. We have been there for all four seasons and do not have a favorite or least favorite. The thing to remember is to dress properly AND to take clothes for unseasonable weather. We were in Paris in November and the temperatures hit the '70s. Fortunately, we take our own advice and each had a summer outfit.
- —Guest Merle Barnes
Best Time to be in Paris
- In spring time, or the holidays where the city lights up full of joy!
- —Guest Lilly
October is very crowded!
- I also thought October would be a quiet time. The city is swarmed with tourists! Place de Concorde was wall to wall with people.
- —Guest Techguy
- Spring and fall have been my best visiting times. Summer, twice of necessity but too many Americans for my taste. First visit in early April was rainy, destroyed a pair of shoes, and yet I was completely enchanted and have returned most years the last thirty.
- —Guest Rpmcestmoi
Go to Bordeaux via Paris
- will go to Paris to shop on my way to Bordeaux ~~ to enjoy my " once in a lifetime" trip ^^
- —Guest Judy
- The best time to visit Disneyland Paris is January. It will be cold, but if you wrap up well it shouldn't be a problem. And queue times are virtually non existant. I know kids complain about the cold, but they complain about 2 hour waits a lot more. This will be our 8th time going, and only once have we not gone in January - we went on February midterm, and would never do it again! The queues were unbelievable! Honestly, your best bet is January. We've brought 8 month old babies, and three year old toddlers, as well as a whole host of adults. Once your clothes are warm enough, it's a perfect time to go. And of course, there's the January sales!
- —Guest Nicole
FALL in love with Paris
- Fall is absolutely beautiful in Paris. The air is crisp and clean and perfect for a walk in the park. Tourist levels also decline so it's not so crowded for the attractions.
- —Guest Diana
- I was born in the fall so for "moi", the best vacations are in the fall. I have a twin sister who lives in San Francisco, so when I visit the weather is always a mixed bag and the cooler temps are perfect for me
- —Guest Vicky
- I don't know. I haven't visited yet but plan to go twice this year.
- —Guest Fluffy
Try May, not another day
- Middle to end of May is best. There's good weather, the flowers are out, and it's not overrun with tourist. The lines are short and the locals are in a good mood.
- I've been to Paris numerous times and have always found it to be an incredible place. You cannot go wrong.
- —Guest Andre
- A lovely time of year to visit Paris is April or May.
- —Guest Naomi
best season for Paris travel
- We always go in the spring, but I would love to go before Christmas sometime -- when Paris is dressed up for the holidays!
Best Time to be in Paris
- From my experience, the best time to be in Paris is during the Holidays. Christmas through New Years'. With everthing all lit up, it just adds to this great place.
- —Guest Gerry Casillas
When to visit Disneyland Paris with kids
- I'm actually looking for some advice: When is the best time of year to visit Disneyland Paris with two kids? Any advice would be appreciated.
- —Guest shevonne