Richard Nahem of Eye Prefer Paris Tours offers walking tours in English that provide a quirky take on several Parisian quarters, including the Marais, St. Germain, the Latin Quarter, Montmartre, Montparnasse, and Bastille). This review applies only to the Marais tour.
You Will Love This Tour If:
- You don’t know Paris very well but don’t feel like hitting the major sights just yet, or have seen enough of them
- You live in Paris but haven't explored its nooks yet
- You love perusing specialty food stores, boutiques, galleries, food markets and a variety of unusual shops
- You are the kind of person who digs through tourist books and websites to find hidden gems
- You're more interested in the contemporary life of the city than in its history
- You enjoy ambling around a neighborhood to really get to know it
This Tour Is Not For You If:
- You prefer historical, architectural, or more standard churches-and-monuments tours
- Walking or ambling is not your thing
- You prefer a more tightly structured, information-packed tour
- You don’t care for shopping (while the tour can be tailored for more or less shopping, all tours will have some shopping)
Tour Details:Reservations and Cost: Make reservations here
- A 3 to 3 hour 15 minute tour for up to four people costs 175 Euros (approx. $238). Larger groups can be accommodated with advance notice.
- 50 Euros/ approx. $68 is due upon reserving; 125 Euros/approx. $170 is to be paid in cash on the day of the tour.
- Pay reservation fees by, check, or credit card through PayPal
- Gratuities are at your discretion
- After you reserve, you will receive a questionnaire to tailor the tour to your interests
- You will also receive information about where to meet in your confirmation e-mail
Please note that prices and details may change. Consult eyepreferparis.com for updated information on prices.