Flying to Paris can prove expensive, but if you plan well ahead you can snag a good deal. As a general rule, reserve your tickets at least 3 months ahead of your travel date, and consider flying to Paris outside of the peak period (mid-May to September). In addition, connecting to Paris from London is often a cheaper way to get to the city of light. When flying from within Europe, choosing a low-cost carrier is smart as long as you're willing to forgo frills.
Carriers: What Company to Fly?
The following airlines provide regular service from major U.S. and Canadian cities to Paris:
- Air France
- American Airlines
- Continental Airlines
- Air Canada
- Delta Airlines
- British Airways
- US Airways
For air travel to Paris from within continental Europe and the U.K., most of the companies listed above offer service to Paris from other major European cities. In addition, the following companies fly into Paris daily:
When planning a trip to Paris, purchasing a travel package that includes round-trip air fare, hotel stay, and perhaps other features like guided tours or restaurant vouchers can be a great money-saver. But before you get out your credit card, make sure to read the fine print and scour consumer reviews of the package you're considering buying-- this will limit the risk of getting scammed, or just disappointed.
- Consult Kayak's vacation page for a quick and reliable overview of vacation packages to Paris.
- You can also find good deals on flights to Paris at Expedia.com: (Buy direct)
- Trip Advisor is a very useful site offering consumer reviews of Paris vacation packages.
- Epinions is also a great resource for making a decision on a travel package to Paris.
- Air France regularly offers special offers on flights and travel packages to Paris, particularly during holidays.
Book Your Trip: Compare prices on Paris vacation packages at Kayak