One of the Original Belle Epoque Department Stores:
An elegant example of Art Nouveau architecture, Printemps continues to grace the bustling Boulevard Haussmann with its striking glass cupola, built in the 1930's as part of a World Exhibition. In 1975, the store was registered as a historic monument. Even if shopping isn't your thing, a visit to Printemps (and neighboring Galeries Lafayette) can be a memorable experience.
Location and Contact Information:
Metro: Chaussée d'Antin, Opéra, or Trinité
RER: Auber (Line A) or Haussmann St-Lazare (Line E)
Bus: Lines 20, 21, 22, 24, 26, 27, 29, 32, 43, 53, 66, 68, 91, 94, or 95 Telephone: +33 (0)1 42 82 50 00
Visit the website
Thursday: Open until 10:00 pm
Printemps Store Layout:
- Printemps Mode is the main store for women's fashion and accessories, and carries hundreds of brands, including top designers like Chanel, Prada and Calvin Klein.
- Printemps Homme is dedicated to men's fashion and accessories. Again, a very large palette of designer and mid-range brands are on offer here.
- Printemps Beauty & Home is located between the women's and men's dedicated stores and is the place to head for beauty and spa products, gourmet food and home furnishings. It also houses the panoramic terrace and cafe.
Services at Printemps:
- Personal shoppers
- Multilingual reception desk
- 12% tax refund for shoppers traveling from outside the European Union
- Concierge for international customers (for restaurant reservations, gallery openings, exclusive tickets etc). Located in the Printemps Mode (women's fashion) store, ground floor.
- Delivery services: Your purchases delivered to your hotel room, or to domestic and foreign addresses
- Valet parking
Eating and Drinking at Printemps:
- The Printemps Brasserie: Serving lunch, dinner, pastries, teas and other delicacies in a formal setting. Located on the sixth floor of the women's store (Printemps Mode), under the opulent Belle Epoque glass cupola.
- Panoramic terrace: Located on the top floor of the Beaute/Maison store. Serving snacks and drinks.
- Bakery: Cafe Be offers traditional French baked goods. Located on the third floor of the beauty/home store.
- Laduree: The famed macaron maker has a corner shop at Printemps Haussmann, located on the the 1st floor of the women's store (Printemps Mode)
- Cojean: Snacking for the fashion and diet-conscious. Located on Level -1 at the Women's store (Printemps Mode)
- Baramaki (Japanese cuisine) Hankering for a platter of authentic sashimi or maki in between shopping? This restaurant is located on the 3rd floor of the Women's store.
- World Bar: An English pub-style restaurant located on the 5th floor of the Men's store (Printemps Homme).
Holiday Lights and Shopping at PrintempsEvery year, Printemps and other department stores in the vicinity are dressed with dazzling lights and elaborate window displays for the holiday season.
- Read about Paris Christmas lights and decorations in 2012 and 2013
- See pictures of Paris department store holiday windows and lights (in 2011 here) and from 2009 here.