Every winter, ice-skating rinks are set up at several locations around Paris. Admission is free (not including skate rental or general ticket to the Eiffel Tower). Skate rental generally averages around 5 Euros.
2012-2013 Paris Ice Skating Locations:
- Hotel de Ville (Metro Hotel de Ville): from December 18th, 2012 through March 3rd, 2013.
Mon.-Fri: 12pm-10pm; Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays: 9am-10pm.
- Eiffel Tower Ice rink: from December 15th, 2012 through January 31st 2013. Eiffel Tower, metro Trocadero or Bir Hakeim. Free with a ticket to the tower, and skates are provided without charge.
- Rink at Santa's Village, Avenue des Champs-Elysées
The traditional Christmas market and "Santa's Village" near the famed Avenue des Champs-Elysées will feature a rink this year, open from November 16th, 2012 through January 6th, 2013.
Metro: Charles de Gaulle Etoile, Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Giant Ice Rink at the Grand Palais
The elegant Belle-Epoque building will host a giant ice rink this year, reportedly the largest France has ever seen! The rink will open December 13th, 2012 and close on January 7th, 2013.
Location: Grand Palais
- Charlety Stadium "Snow Park": Opening in late December (precise dates to be announced)
The Charlety Stadium in south Paris is getting decked out as a full-fledged snow park, including a rink made from synthetic ice. Ideal for younger enthusiasts. All activities are free. Open daily from 1:30 pm to 5:00 pm.
Location: 99, boulevard Kellermann, RER Cité Universitaire (Line B)